4 Top Payroll Companies for Small Businesses
Of all the small-business processes you must implement to run a strong and successful career, knowing the best payroll companies to hire is the one process that needs to work seamlessly for every employee. After all, no one likes to receive a late paycheck, or find that they’ve been paid the wrong amount.
Believe it or not, payroll involves much more than tracking hours and handing out paychecks on time. It also includes properly handling employees’ financial records, tax filings, HR consulting, and more.
Fortunately, there are many comprehensive payroll solutions for you to choose from. And these professional payroll providers are ready to streamline the process so you can focus on more important things in your business.
If you are finally ready to streamline your payroll process, here are 4 top payroll companies for your small business to consider:
Also known as the “All-in-One People Platform,” Gusto may be the optimal choice for your small business. Featuring options that include full-service payroll, expert HR support, and additional insurance coverage, you can take care of your employees’ needs through one comprehensive platform.
Gusto offers 3 options which include Core, Complete, and Concierge plans. These services range from $39 per month to $149 per month. In addition, there’s a $6-$12 fee for every person employed in your small business.
Here’s a list of services for their mid-level plan, to give you an idea of what you can expect:
- Full-service payroll
- Employee profiles and self-service options
- Health benefits administration
- Workers’ comp administration
- Optimal support
- Employee offers and onboarding
- Simple time tracking
- PTO policies and time-off requests
- Employee directory and surveys
With Gusto’s all-in-one platform, your payroll processes are made as easy as possible and backed by best-in-class customer service. This payroll service may be the optimal choice for your small business.
Paycor makes it their mission to ensure a hassle-free payroll and HR experience. Their plans include Basic, Essential, and Complete services that cover everything from tax filing, to integrations with 401(k) and GL providers.
Here’s a quick look at their Essential Plan, at $149 per month for 10 employees:
- Payroll & Tax Filing
- Employee Self-Service
- PDF-Only Reporting
- PTO Requests and Approvals
- Garnishment and Child Support Self-Service
- HR Checklists, Templates and Handbooks
- Advanced Analytics with Benchmarking
With a big commitment to streamline your payroll process, Paycor has a comprehensive online resource center with helpful information in the areas of people management, compliance, and labor costs. Paycor is one payroll service that can impact your small business for good.
“Powering Financial Prosperity” is the slogan of Intuit, a company ready to help small businesses handle payroll needs and more. As the innovators of Quickbooks, Intuit offers an entire suite of payroll, HR, and employee services.
A comparative look at their plans includes monthly options starting at $22.50 per month, plus $4 per employee, and rising to $62.50 per month, with a $10 employee fee for their Elite plan.
Here’s a look at services from Intuit’s mid-level Premium offer, at $37.50 per month plus an $8 employee fee:
- Full-service payroll
- Auto Payroll
- Health benefits for your team
- Expert product support
- Same-day direct deposit
- Grant user permissions
- HR support center
- Expert setup review
- Track time on the go
Intuit can’t be overlooked when searching for payroll options. With the right financial tools to help your small business prosper, Intuit deserves serious consideration to help you handle your payroll process with confidence.
The Basic option is $44 per month and includes payroll, benefits, HR tools, and compliance. The Plus Plan provides everything the Basic plan offers, plus access to medical, dental, and vision. One perk for both plans is a 15% savings when billed annually.
Here’s a comprehensive list of services provided with the JustWorks Plus Plan:
- Payroll for Salaried & Hourly Employees
- Off-Cycle Payments
- Vendor & Contractor Payments
- Employer Payroll Tax Filings
- W-2 & 1099 Filings
- Unemployment Insurance Filings
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance
- 24/7 Support
- HR Consulting
- Harassment Prevention & Inclusion Trainings
JustWorks promises a simple platform with exceptional 24/7 customer service. So, if you’re looking for a payroll service that keeps small businesses in mind, JustWorks may be the best choice for you.
If you’re finally ready to switch to payroll outsourcing, and focus on more important areas of your business, these 4 payroll options can give you a head start in finding the best fit. With all-in-one platforms, hassle-free experiences, first-class support, and more, these top payroll companies are well-worth considering for your small business today.
- Amazon Prime: 20 Lessons in Just Laziness and Waste
- sanaía APPLESAUCE, an applesauce created for adults and featured on “Shark Tank”, debuts at Walmart stores this month.
- 12 Reasons You Should Rarely Hire Friends
- Entrepreneur: Knowing When to Close Shop
- business Management, 10 Ways to Make more Money for your Small business in 2014
- There’s Some business You Just WON’T Get… How to Make it Work to Your Advantage
- Training Potential Employees Made Easy: Weed out Problems Before They Start
- 8 Reason’s You Should NOT do Favors in Small business
- Brett Johnson BET Founder Bob Johnson’s Son’s Menswear Line
- See Full Interview of Byron Allen on the Breakfast Club