Entrepreneurs have surely experienced those days when you notice things are not going well immediately. There is some truth to the adage “I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning” and it appears that it’s all downhill from there. So what can you do to turn that around and make the day more productive? Here are some of the things I have done in the past that have worked…(Click “Next” after each segment)
Go Back to Bed!
If you can afford to, go back to bed for a couple of hours. You would be amazed how this actually works and your day is off to a better start. Don’t for get to set your alarm.
Change your Routine
Is there something that you usually do at the end of the day that you can do at the beginning of the day? Can you do something that you have been holding off on for a while this morning? Have you ever gone to the grocery store between 9 and 4 PM? It’s practically empty. How about getting some shopping done for the week? It’s bright and you can take your time and still take calls if need to.
Have a talk with yourself
Ask yourself what is REALLY bothering you. Most of the time you will see that THAT is what needs to be resolved. Did someone piss you off or has something been on your mind that you have not dealt with that needs attention etc. If you can, tackle the issue and handle it within the 2 hours so that you can be free to go on with the rest of your day.
Take a Walk
The psychology behind walking is often underrated. You get your organs working and put yourself in a meditative state and finally you are giving your body a much-needed mental and physical cleansing
Treat yourself to breakfast or lunch at a restuarant or stop by a newsstand and read through a few magazines for an hour. Have what you want within reasonable portions. Quite often we feel underappreciated as black entrepreneurs and there is nothing wrong with treating yoruself every now and then.
Instead of going into the office, go to the gym and get a great workout in. Go to yoga class or even get a massage
- 12 Reasons You Should Rarely Hire Friends
- 10 Things we can all learn from Beats Electronic’s Icon Dr Dre
- Present what you Represent or You Won’t Make the Sale
- When we Stop Learning, We Stop Growing
- See Full Interview of Byron Allen on the Breakfast Club
- Entrepreneur Mistakes: Wasting Money by Not “Paying” Attention
- Entrepreneur Mistakes: Allowing people to Put Down Your business
- Entrepreneur/Designer Sees Opportuniuty in Detroit, Opens High End Men’s Store
- Are FedEx Retail Rates HIGHER if you Have an Account?
- 8 Reason’s You Should NOT do Favors in Small business