Don’t Hire Friends, Just Give them the Money
It is not your job to save the world (aka Hire Friends) but if you volunteer, be prepared to work 24 hours a day. I’ve heard every sob story you can imagine and I’m not falling for it anymore. I’m not saying that it’s impossible to have a good experience but it’s RARE.
Hiring friends is always a problem. It almost always starts with some kind of a sob story which puts you behind the 8 ball from gate. They have an unfair advantage. Their mission is not to build your business as much as it is to get money in their pockets. You are not the welfare office. Not only with it hurt YOU it will absolutely affect your business to. You would seriously be better off to just GIVE the money.
They think that you’re obligated to help them and they treat you in that way. They give you excuses they take their time getting the work done they want you to do extra favors like drop off the money at the bank and other things that you don’t have the time to do. I have one friend that I hired who was really good at what she does but she wants me to always drop money off at the bank, stand in line give her account number because she doesn’t have PayPal and refuses to get it. Really? Well, I will mail you a check then. So I’m obligated to go and stand in line and wait and then pay her money to her in another state I finally told her to get off her ass and get a PayPal account or set up Zeele with her bank account. I do not have time to go to the bank park my car and stand in line to pay someone. That’s not my damn job and it’s asking a LOT for me to do it.
CLICK TO SEE MORE MISTAKES ENTREPRENEURS CONSTANTLY MAKE … YOU TOO?.
- 12 Reasons You Should Rarely Hire Friends
- 10 Things we can all learn from Beats Electronic’s Icon Dr Dre
- Present what you Represent or You Won’t Make the Sale
- When we Stop Learning, We Stop Growing
- See Full Interview of Byron Allen on the Breakfast Club
- Entrepreneur Mistakes: Wasting Money by Not “Paying” Attention
- Entrepreneur Mistakes: Allowing people to Put Down Your business
- Entrepreneur/Designer Sees Opportuniuty in Detroit, Opens High End Men’s Store
- Are FedEx Retail Rates HIGHER if you Have an Account?
- 8 Reason’s You Should NOT do Favors in Small business