The greatest and most effective way to create wealth is by creating passive income. But creating it is not enough. You have to change the way you spend your money FIRST or you will be (temporarily) rich but still broke. I was shocked when I saw a new “financial advisor” on the Steve Harvey show recently who was suggesting that passive income was all about having as many jobs as possible. My jaw dropped. Nothing could be further from the truth. Having as many jobs as possible will KILL you. That’s not “passive income” it’s suicide. Passive income is NOT working yourself to death, it’s putting your money to work FOR you and you might be amazed how easy it can be. It all boils down to the way we THINK about money. Let’s just say in the Black community, we have a LOT to learn. You MUST commit yourself to a plan to save which after about a month, will become a habit, otherwise, you will go right back to wasting money over and over again. I’d like to share with you some of the things that I have learned over the years when it comes to saving your OWN money that surprisingly, many people don’t know about and/or don’t practice.
When it comes to money, it’s incredibly easy to live paycheck to paycheck which most of us do. Many of us have no idea where our money is going and at the end of the day, we all could be one or two paychecks away from being homeless no matter how much we make. If you don’t have at least a year’s worth of living expenses in an INTEREST BEARING ACCOUNT (NOT a savings account at a bank where they are making the most money off of YOU) then you ARE in debt.
Giving money to a financial advisor or beliving the big barrel of horse dung that commercial banks consistently push on consumers about being the best bank is almost comical. Have you noticed they sell “service” more than anything else? That’s because they are all sucking your savings dry with fees. If your money is just sitting in a bank, you’re leaving money on the table.
It’s Not What You Make, it’s What You Keep … AND WHAT YOU DO WITH WHAT YOU KEEP!!!
(click NEXT for the next segment)
- 12 Reasons You Should Rarely Hire Friends
- 10 Things we can all learn from Beats Electronic’s Icon Dr Dre
- Present what you Represent or You Won’t Make the Sale
- When we Stop Learning, We Stop Growing
- See Full Interview of Byron Allen on the Breakfast Club
- Entrepreneur Mistakes: Wasting Money by Not “Paying” Attention
- Entrepreneur Mistakes: Allowing people to Put Down Your business
- Entrepreneur/Designer Sees Opportuniuty in Detroit, Opens High End Men’s Store
- Are FedEx Retail Rates HIGHER if you Have an Account?
- 8 Reason’s You Should NOT do Favors in Small business