There are certain things that you should always consider before a meeting with a client. Keep in mind they are taking time out of their busy day to meet with you so they must see some kind of potential. Make sure you don't disappoint them at all costs.
Don't Lack Preparedness
Make sure that you have everything you need in place the day BEFORE the meeting. Don't wait until the last minute. If you do, you are almost guaranteed to miss or forget something.
- Have all paperwork ready, spellcheck and send to them via PDF a day or two in advance.
- Make sure you know the route to get to the meeting
- Have your suit or outfit ready the night before
NEVER take a personal call before a client meeting.
I took a personal call before my meeting and my friend wanted me to advise her on her failing event. I was just supposed to remind her that we were having drinks to talk about these t things things things night but she unleaded then and there. In the process.. my navigation system was screwing up and I was on an access road and there was no safe place to stop to fix it. Let me tell you how everything after that failed as well because I didn't tell her I would call her back.
- I could not get a word in edgewise because she was rambling on and on
- I ended up getting lost and she was still talking and the clock was ticking, I was on an access road and there was no place to stop to reset the navigation.
- I finally told her I had to call her back
- After I told her i would call her back, I was at least 10 miles out of the way and I had less than 10 minutes to get there.
- I got back on the road and was driving even further away from my destination. I had to call the client to tell him I would be running late.
- Finally, I relayed my navigation was looking for the exact address in another city on the other side of town.
- I had to cancel the meeting
- FORTUNATELY, I have known this client for 20 years and I don't think it will have much of a bearing on our relationship BUT had this been a new client that was exited about my project this could have been a disaster.
- Are FedEx Retail Rates HIGHER if you Have an Account?
- Save Time: Easy Tips to Spot Free Information Clients
- Brett Johnson BET Founder Bob Johnson’s Son’s Menswear Line
- 12 Reasons You Should Rarely Hire Friends
- 12 Things all black entrepreneurs MUST DO to be taken Seriously
- When we Stop Learning, We Stop Growing
- PHARRELL WILLIAMS CELEBRATES EACH & EVERY BLACK BUSINESSPERSON WITH “ENTREPRENEUR” FEATURING JAY-Z
- business Management, 10 Ways to Make more Money for your Small business in 2014
- 5 Ways You May Be Killing Your business
- Pennies from Kevin Podcast: Losing the Wait