Do not allow anyone to throw your day off. Nothing like unimportant interruptions
For some odd reason, many people think that black entrepreneurs do nothing but sit around and twiddle our thumbs and wait for money to come in. I guess this is why we get unimportant interruptions during the day? They are really under the impression that because we do what we love we're not working. And part of that is correct, we're not working. But we're always busy and we never sleep. A phone call from your mother (especially) or family member or anyone else calling with drama or wanting nothing at all in the middle of your busy workday can kill your entire rhythm. For the rest of the day. You are forced to answer the call because something could be wrong.
Make sure that you let everyone know that you are not to receive calls or text for eight hours. And SET your hours while you work 8 to 10 hours and that you will talk to them afterward but do not allow them to disrupt your day. I do not feel guilty about sending someone directly to voicemail if they break the rule. If it's an emergency, text me or you can send them a text and asked him if everything's OK … but constantly tell them you're busy, you're busy, you're busy, you're busy and eventually, it may take YEARS, they'll get the message.
CLICK TO SEE MORE MISTAKES ENTREPRENEURS CONSTANTLY MAKE … YOU TOO?.
- Brett Johnson BET Founder Bob Johnson’s Son’s Menswear Line
- 12 Reasons You Should Rarely Hire Friends
- Former Pitbull Manager Opens World Famous House of Mac
- 12 Things all black entrepreneurs MUST DO to be taken Seriously
- Streetz 94.5 Fills Need for Atlanta’s Local Hardcore Hip Hop Fans
- Save Time: Easy Tips to Spot Free Information Clients
- Amazon Prime: 20 Lessons in Just Laziness and Waste
- Nine Things That will Destroy Your business
- 14 Things Successful business Owners Do
- From Behind the Scenes to the Stage, Industry Vet Dexter Story Reinvents Himself with Wondem